On the building & development side, we are constantly monitoring zoning and land use practices, building codes and the full range of local and state regulatory matters.
In addition, the BRI often acts as advocate and ombudsman for its builder-developer members and is a vigilant and staunch proponent for the private property rights of all citizens.
Regarding realty matters, the BRI provides services addressing the full gamut of regulatory, operational and maintenance issues affecting apartment rental properties and co-op/condo property management. The BRI is comprised of seven major component councils representing virtually every sector of the industry.
The benefits of membership include:
- Full access to BRI programs, member-only trainings, networking and social events, and other opportunities to help you grow your business.
- Access to great rates and a reliable dividend on Workers Compensation insurance through Safety Group 458 (construction) and Safety Group 530 (residential housing), both managed by Levitt-Fuirst Insurance.
- Regular updates on upcoming state legislation in Albany or local ordinances in the Hudson Valley that could have a big impact – positive or negative – on homebuilding, construction, real estate, apartment rental, and co-op and condo businesses in your area, along with quick and easy ways for you to get involved and make your voice heard.
- The support of the BRI’s staff, legal, insurance, and labor consultants, and the pooled experience and wisdom of business owners like you.
- The ability to participate in the BRI’s members-only Pooled Employer Plan (PEP) defined-contribution retirement option for your employees. The PEP is customizable for you and your employees’ needs, and is managed by Newport, and supported by Wells Fargo Advisors.
- And so much more!
Our core values include:
- ADVOCACY | The BRI engages in proactive support of the best interests of the building and realty industry to influence legislation and public policy through direct engagement with our elected officials and decision-makers, through partnership with like-minded organizations, and through clear and persuasive messaging to the general public.
- COLLABORATION | BRI members work together toward a common purpose and shared goals, unifying various stakeholders into a cohesive whole, and creating synergy by combining multiple skills, experiences, and perspectives.
- INTEGRITY | The BRI is committed to reflecting the qualities of honesty, openness, transparency, truthfulness, trustworthiness, responsibility, respect, high standards of professional conduct and ethical behavior in our decision making, internal operations, and interactions with members and other organizations.
- EDUCATION | The BRI is an authoritative, trusted source of information on industry issues, best practices, and innovation; a thought leader in addressing industry trends, a resource of industry knowledge. The BRI promotes and enhances professional development of members and the industry as a whole.
|Membership Type||Annual Fee/s|
|Builders, Developers or Remodelers as a Primary Business||$600|
|Landlord of one or more Apartment Buildings||$325 (plus 50¢ per apartment unit)|
|President, Officer or other Board Member of a Co-op/Condo/HOA||$325 (plus 50¢ per apartment unit)|
|Residential/Commercial Property Managers||$325|